Last Revised: May 30, 2020
Certificial will always use best practices to ensure data transfer and storage are encrypted and secure. We utilize Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) for our data storage. Information regarding AWS’ data management can be found on their website - here.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal and other information that you voluntarily provide when you register on the platform. The information we collect may include the following:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal code, and/or email address (“personal information”).
- Information that you enter in the process of using the Certificial Platform.
- Information about your browser or internet connection and the equipment you are using to access the system.
- Information about your usage of the system.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information in order to deliver the services of the Certificial’s insurance verification platform.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account, we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- To send administrative information, offer support or request feedback. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We may use your information to enable customer support or request feedback.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, or to comply with legal and regulatory requirements in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: Certificial is designed to enable the user to share insurance related information and documents. Certificial will only share your registration information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
Certificial will not provide or sell personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. You have the right to request that we delete your data and at anytime.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: Data on the Certificial system is always encrypted and protected through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. All data is encrypted both at rest and in transit. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from Certificial is at your own risk. You should only access the system within a secure environment.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You have the right to have your data deleted, where possible, upon request. You have the right to know what data has been collected and how it was used. You have the right to exercise those rights and not be discriminated against for doing so.
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information and you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Right to request deletion of the data - Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed - Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- Whether we collect and use your personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we collect;
- The purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- Whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer's Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability.
Certificial is not directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
7. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
8. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.